Let’s face it; poop does happen. For moms and dads on the go, Products on the Go has you covered with our eco-friendly disposable diaper changing kit called Poop Happens. Try these mom and dad-tested diaper changing tips to get you started.
Take the time to prepare
Minimize the time you and your baby will be uncomfortable by keeping Products on the Go’s eco-friendly Poop Happens diaper changing kit handy. Luckily, the experts at Products on the Go designed Poop Happens with everything you need: 1 natural Bamboo baby diaper, 2 natural diaper rash cream sachets, 10 Bamboo natural baby wipes packet, 1 biodegradable hand sanitizing wipe, 1 disposable diaper changing pad.
Always wash and dry and your hands or use the included biodegradable hand sanitizing wipe.
Safety Tip* When changing your baby’s diaper on an elevated surface can be a little dangerous. Always keep one hand on your precious baby at all times. If you are using a diaper changing table, remember to use the strap to secure your baby. Never leave your baby unattended when changing a diaper.
1) Open the cute disposable diaper changing pad and open natural Bamboo baby diaper and place the back half underneath your baby. You will know if you are doing it right because the back half should come up to your baby’s waist. Let the clean diaper go because the disposable diaper pad and the diaper protect the actual surface. (Pro Tip: Sometimes your baby’s diaper is a huge mess, and using our disposable pads come in handy)
2) Unfasten the diaper tabs on the soiled diaper. (Pro Tip: To stop the tabs from sticking to your fingers, fold them over.)
3) Now pull down the front half of the soiled diaper. (Pro Tip: If you are changing the diaper of a baby boy you might want to consider covering his manhood with a clean cloth or the Poop Happens bag so he doesn’t pee all over you.)
Pro Tip: If there’s poop in the diaper, utilize the front half of the diaper to wipe most of it off your baby’s bum and then use the included Bamboo Natural Baby Wipes Packet.
4) Next, fold the soiled diaper in half under your baby, clean side up. (Pro Tip: This provides an extra layer of protection between the clean diaper and your baby’s unclean bum.) Gently lift your baby’s bum off the table by grasping their ankles with one hand and lift upward.
5) Always clean your baby’s front with the included Bamboo Natural Baby Wipes Packet or a clean cloth. (Pro Tip: If you have a girl always clean front to back towards her bum to keep the bacteria from causing an infection.)
6) If your baby pooped, grab another Bamboo Natural Baby Wipes Packet and clean her bottom. (Pro Tip: You have two options you can lift her legs or gently roll her to one side then the other. Always clean the creases of your baby’s buttocks and thighs too.)
7) It is always best to let your baby’s skin air dry and then pat it dry. To prevent diaper rash, use the Products on the Go Natural Diaper Rash Cream. (Pro Tip: It is always best to make sure your baby has a dry bottom. This is the best way to prevent diaper rash.)
8) Remove the dirty diaper and place it to the side. Hopefully, you followed step 1, and the clean Products on the Go diaper should be underneath your baby.
9) Gently pull the front half of the Biodegradable Bamboo diaper. (Pro Tip: Make sure his manhood is pointing down that way you won’t get peed on. Make sure the diaper between your baby’s legs is spread wide. You don’t want the diapers to bunch because that causes discomfort and chaffing.)
10) Fasten the diaper on both sides with the tabs. You want the diaper snug but not too tight. (Pro Tip: Always look to verify that the tabs are not sticking to your baby’s skin.)
11) Dress your baby and wash your hands or use the alcohol wipe. Since we use Bamboo in our diapers, baby wipes and hand sanitizing wipes it is easy to dispose of in the garbage.
At Products on the Go, we focus on easing the stress of everyday life and changing diapers can be stressful. Poop Happens and Poop Happens Swimmy is available in sizes small, medium, and large. Visit Products on the Go to learn more about our complete line of natural products.